Bluehost is one of the largest website hosting providers in the world and powers over 2 million websites worldwide. Bluehost is popular and many suggest it is the best among other hosting providers one of the companies is WordPress.org due to its features and low start price of $2.95/month. But is it truly worth it?
In this Bluehost review, I’ll go over everything you need to know about Bluehost pricing, features, and drawbacks so you can decide if you should use them for your author website hosting.
Bluehost Background & Overview
i) When was Bluehost Founded?
Bluehost is one of the largest hosting companies in the world and is officially recommended by WordPress.org. They offer powerful servers, easy setup, lots of extra features for WordPress users, and excellent customer support. In this Bluehost review, we will explain why they are so popular, and if they are a good choice for your website or blog.
Bluehost was started in 1996 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Provo, Utah. It has been in business since 2003 and is part of Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI), a large web hosting conglomerate that owns several popular web hosts including HostGator, iPage, and SiteBuilder.com.
iI) Bluehost Packages, Plans & Features
Their plans are affordably priced and they offer a wide variety of hosting plan options to fit any needs. Their cheapest hosting plan is $2.95 per month. At such a low price, Bluehost has been able to offer some great features that are not available with other web hosts. Features like Free SSL certificate, CDN, Unmetered Bandwidth and Monthly backups.
Hey! Bluehost has special pricing for our customers who purchase their hosting through us. You will get a special price on web hosting if you purchase through our link below. The price you pay will be less than if you were to go directly to Bluehost’s website. You can as well check the availability of your domain name and proceed to checkout with the widget below.
iII) Bluehost Coverage (Total Customers)
At present, Bluehost is powering over 2 million websites across the globe and is recommended by WordPress as an ideal WordPress hosting service. With their suitable plans and features, they are able to attract more customers. Their affiliate program is a huge part of their growth.
iv) The Pros & Cons of Bluehost
- Free domain registration for the first year.
- Bluehost offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. That means that if you cancel your hosting within the first month, you will get your money back without any questions asked.
- Hosting plans start as low as $3.95 per month which is great for anyone on a budget.
- Users can upgrade at any time with no additional cost or hassle (unlike other popular hosts like HostGator).
- The site is very easy to use and you will be able to install WordPress in just one click!
- Expensive Renewal Plans
- Expensive Dedicated Hosting
- The Recommended Hosting Plan Is Not Cheapest
Note!!! This review focuses on Bluehost’s shared hosting plans which are discussed first in “Bluehost Hosting Plans” Shared Hosting is our recommended plan for all our readers and also it’s my plan.
Bluehost Hosting Plans
1. Shared Hosting
What is shared hosting? With a shared hosting plan, your website is hosted on a server with hundreds of other websites. The server’s resources, such as RAM and CPU are shared across every account on the server.
A shared hosting plan is great for personal blogs and websites for small business owners. It’s also a popular option for web developers who want to host multiple low-traffic/low-revenue websites in order to reduce their overhead costs.
Many people opt for shared hosting because it’s cheap and easy to set up. If your site doesn’t require a lot of bandwidth or storage space, you can go this route. However, if traffic to your site increases, you may hit the host’s limits and need to upgrade to VPS hosting or even dedicated hosting in order to keep your site up and running smoothly.
Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans
Bluehost offers three shared hosting plans, plus managed WordPress and WooCommerce hosting.
- Basic: Shared hosting starting at $2.95/month
- Plus: Shared hosting starts at $5.45/month
- Choice Plus: Shared hosting starting at $5.45/month
- Pro: The Pro plan starts from $13.95 per month for the first term after that you’ll pay $23.99 per month. It includes all features of the above plans + a dedicated IP address.
2. VPS Hosting
Virtual private server (VPS) hosting is a category of hosting that has become quite popular in recent years. VPS hosting is a “middle ground” between shared hosting and dedicated server hosting, in which the servers – or at least the virtual machines on which websites are hosted – are not shared with any other customers but behave like a private server for each customer.
The big advantage of VPS hosting is that it offers the isolation and flexibility of a dedicated server, but at a much lower cost. VPS hosting plans go from $29.99 to $119.99 a month at Bluehost.
3. Dedicated Hosting
The term Dedicated hosting is a term used to describe servers that are dedicated to a single customer, as opposed to shared hosting plans.
Dedicated hosting is typically used by large businesses and organizations that require exceptionally high levels of data security, or organizations that have steady, high demands for server capacity. It also allows the client to lease an entire server, giving them exclusive use of its resources.
Dedicated hosting plans start at $124.99 per month up to $209.99 per month at Bluehost.
The biggest advantage of dedicated hosting is that you will have access to a full server along with all of its resources. This means that you won’t be sharing your server with any other clients, and thus your server will be more stable and secure than shared hosting plans.
Note!!! Dedicated hosting is one of the most expensive web hosting services available today, so it’s only recommended for those who need a lot of server resources.
4. Optimized WordPress Hosting
Managed/Optimized WordPress hosting is optimized for your site. You get the speed and security you need to keep your customers happy.
Bluehost has a WordPress-focused hosting service. It’s optimized for WordPress sites and comes with several perks like a staging area. It’s a bit pricey as it starts at $24.95 a month, which I feel is a bit more expensive than other cheap WordPress hosting services.
5. Cloud Storage Hosting
Unfortunately, Bluehost does not offer cloud hosting services. I was also surprised.
Meanwhile, the best plan would be Bluehost shared hosting for only $2.95 per month. Use my affiliate link to get a discount at no extra cost or check the availability of your domain name below and then proceed to checkout.
Key Areas of Bluehost
- Speed & Performance: Boosted by Cloud Flare CDN.
- Pricing: It is cheap. One of the best things about Bluehost is that it is cheap and affordable even in shared hosting plans. It starts at just $2.95 per month which makes it affordable for beginners or new bloggers.
- Features: Great features and reasonable prices.
- WordPress installation: Users can easily install WordPress with one click. This makes life easier for non-technical people who want to start their WordPress blog without any technical knowledge and skills.
- CPanel: Easy to use CPanel with numerous web applications.
- Uptime: Fast loading times and good uptime (99.98%).
- Support: 24/7 customer support via live chat and phone (Excellent Customer Support).
- Email: Unlimited hosting space, domains, email addresses, and MySQL databases.
- CMS: Bluehost supports all the major content management systems including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and Magento.
- Money-back guarantee: Like other hosting providers, Bluehost offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its plans but unlike others, they don’t have any hidden policy or fine print which can hold you back from getting a full refund if asked within 30 days of purchase.
6 Reasons Why Hosting Is Crucial To Any Website
- Your website can be as professional as you want it to be.
- You can have unlimited amounts of storage, which means that you will never run out of space to store the files that make up your website.
- You can customize the appearance of your site to match the branding or design scheme of your company.
- You can have an unlimited number of pages (each page will have a separate URL).
- Your customers can order products and services easily, quickly, and securely through the e-commerce shopping cart software on your site (this feature is crucial if you want people to buy things from you).
- You can upload files such as PDFs, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets for visitors to download from your site so they can get additional information about products or services you sell (this feature is important if you want to provide more information about what it is that you offer).
Overall, Bluehost is one of the more popular options on the market right now. The company stands out thanks to a number of factors, including affordability, customer support, and power when it comes to the capabilities of its shared hosting options.
Is Bluehost worth your money?
The company advertises all-in-one solutions for those looking to start a new blog or website, with shared hosting plans starting at just $2.95 per month.
Do I recommend Bluehost?
Bluehost is a good option for anyone looking for simple WordPress installation, reliable uptime, a free domain name for 1 year, and 50% off your first invoice with our coupon code.
Bluehost is a highly popular hosting service, so it’s no surprise that there are hundreds of positive reviews filling up their website. That said, there is still some question on whether or not it’s worth the price. We can tell you that the site will not fail you if you need reliable hosting for your business or personal website.
And we can understand why people are drawn to them: there is plenty of features and unlimited space. If you are looking for something simple, however, you might be better off with another option like Namecheap (Don’t miss: .COM for just $0.98!)
Get Namecheap Shared Hosting plans starting at $1.88 per month, $2.98 per month, and $4.98 per month.
Alternatively, Hostinger also offers “Hostinger” Single WordPress starting at $1.99 (An ideal solution for beginners with tight budgets)
Conclusion: I will still recommend Bluehost Shared Hosting at only $2.95 for how their services are, fast website, and more features. Check the availability of your domain name and proceed to check out!
Why Bluehost? A Look into the Top Service When it Comes to Web Hosting
Bluehost has a number of advantages that have made it the go-to option for starting a website. Whether you are looking to get into web development, start blogging, or just set up your own personal site, Bluehost is an excellent choice.
Bluehost offers an array of hosting plans to meet your specific needs. You can choose from shared for just $2.95 per month and managed WordPress hosting (starting at $24.95 a month) or dedicated server options (starting at $124.99 per month) that provide you with the flexibility to manage your site on your own. With our 24/7 customer service, expert technical support, and a money-back guarantee, you can always count on us for everything related to web hosting.
Most people wonder why they should choose Bluehost over other hosting providers. The company has a variety of qualities that make it stand out as one of the best in the industry. Some of the Bluehost features include:
- User-friendly dashboard: Bluehost offers a cPanel dashboard that is easy to use. Most people find it hard to navigate through complex dashboards when looking for certain features. However, Bluehost offers an interface on which you can easily find any feature you are looking for. The dashboard also allows you to quickly access your email accounts and website statistics with ease.
- Excellent Uptime: The company has an uptime guarantee of 99.99%, which is a very good number in the industry. This means that the server is up and running 99.99% of the time, which is a very important factor for any website owner.
- Free Domain Name: First-time customers will get a free domain name when they sign up for web hosting services with Bluehost. This saves you money since you do not have to buy a domain name separately.
- Free Site Builders: If you have no experience building websites, you can use Bluehost’s free site builders to create your own website effortlessly. They offer basic and advanced site builders, so it does not matter whether you are an experienced webmaster or just starting out.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee: You can try the hosting services risk-free with Bluehost’s 30-day money-back guarantee policy. If you are not impressed with their services, you can get your money back within 30 days