Want to write a guest post for the Zakaria Githae Website?
You’ve come to the right place! Our guest post guidelines outline what we are looking for so you can be sure your pitch hits the mark with our editing team. We are excited to hear your post ideas about finance and making a-living online blogging as stated below.
Zakaria Githae started the Make a Living Writing site with a pretty simple goal, to be a central hub that helps writers make money blogging, and finance-related articles/blogs.
Pitch your guest post ideas about…
- How to Start a Blog
- Blogging Ideas
- SEO Guides
- Link Building
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Local SEO
- Technical SEO
- Monetizing a Blog
- Making Money Online
- Affiliate Marketing
- Guest Posting Guides
What we’re looking for in a guest post?
- We publish articles of anywhere between 600–2,500 words, depending on subject complexity. 1,500 words are about average
- Submit your best headline idea AND outline for your proposed guest post, in the body of your email. If interested, we’ll probably ask for some tweaks before giving you an assignment. Detailed outlines or rough drafts are definitely a plus.
- We will not accept any pitches that contain nothing more than a title for a piece or topic. You will be immediately rejected.
- Receiving an assignment is not a guarantee of publication. So remember to write the heck out of it.
- Has a thesis and offers a clear argument—not just a list of tips and tricks.
- Is supported with convincing arguments, not just opinions. Fact-check, and cite sources where appropriate.
- If a backlink occurs naturally in your writing, that is fine. But do NOT try to hide that shit. We’ll find it and be very angry. You will not like us when we’re angry.
- Plag free: 100% plagiarism-free
WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAID ADS, LINKS, OR SPONSORED POSTS.
If you are an agency or company working to place guest posts for links, we don’t do any of this. You can really skip pitching us. Take us off your list now. Ditto if you want to publish your sponsored post with your links, or go back to an old post and stuff your link in. Not gonna happen. Thanks.
How to submit (and what happens next)?
Email us your submission. We prefer submissions as Google documents so that editors can easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft. (Please do not send a ZIP file of assets unless requested by an editor)
Here’s what happens after you hit Send:
- An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit. If so, the whole team will review and discuss it. This happens once a week.
- The editor will collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes. (We rarely accept an article the first time around, but we’ll tell you if we’re interested.)
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, send your revised draft back. The team will discuss it again and let you know if we want to accept it.
- If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on things like organization, argumentation, and style.
- We’ll schedule you for publication as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t give you a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.
- If everything goes well, we will publish your article within a week and will email you the article link.
How soon should You expect feedback on my pitch?
The editorial team will review the pitch and respond with the next steps within 3 working days. Only authors of accepted pitches shall be contacted. If you have not heard from us after 7 days, you can email again to query the status of your pitch.
Read More of Our Blogs for an overview of what we expect..? write for us now👇!
Note! choose the “Write for Us” option.
~ Zakaria Githae and the Team
Have a nice day.